Eyefinity EHR Quality Scoring and Benchmarking
To qualify for an incentive payment in 2019, you must report six measures, one of which must be an outcome measure. Quality accounts for 45% of your MIPS score.
The Quality performance category replaces the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) and the Clinical Quality Measure (CQM) component of meaningful use. Familiarity with these previous quality programs will help you choose measures that are appropriate for your practice.
This section explains which measures are available, which submission options are available, and how those different submission methods are scored for each measure.
In general, claims-based submissions score the lowest and registry submissions score the highest.
Claims-based reporting is available only to clinicians in small practices (15 or fewer eligible clinicians), whether participating as an individual or as a group.
Attempt as many measures as you can. Periodically run the MIPS Quality calculator to check your progress. Use the MIPS Quality calculator to decide which measures to report.
Click a measure name to learn how it is scored:
- 001: Diabetes: Hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) Poor Control (>9%)
- 012: Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma (POAG): Optic Nerve Evaluation
- 014: Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD): Dilated Macular Examination
- 019: Diabetic Retinopathy: Communication with the Physician Managing Ongoing Diabetes Care
- 117: Diabetes: Eye Exam
- 130: Documentation of Current Medications in the Medical Record
- 131: Pain assessment and Follow Up
- 141: Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma (POAG): Reduction of Intraocular Pressure (IOP) by 15% or Documentation of a Plan of Care
- 191: Cataracts: 20/40 or Better Visual Acuity within 90 Days Following Cataract Surgery
- 192: Cataracts: Complications within 30 Days Following Cataract Surgery Requiring Additional Surgical Procedures
- 226: Preventive Care and Screening: Tobacco Use: Screening and Cessation Intervention
- 236: Controlling High Blood Pressure
- 317: Preventive Care and Screening: Screening for High Blood Pressure and Follow-Up Documented
- 374: Closing the Referral Loop: Receipt of Specialist Report
- 402: Tobacco Use and Help with Quitting among Adolescents