If the patient has an Insurance Uncovered Balance, you can enter patient payments and apply them to the uncovered balance.
- On the left side of the Demographics screen, click Material Orders.
- Click the Transactions tab.
- Click + Patient Insurance Balance.
- Under Apply Customer Credit Before Payment, click Add Payment.
- Select the check box for the balance you are applying the patient's payment to and enter the payment Amount.
- Select the Payment Type and perform one of the following steps:
If you are using Total Merchant Services for online credit card processing, see Taking Payments - Swiping Credit Cards for more information.
- Cash: Click OK.
- Credit or Debit Card: Record the card information, and click OK.
- Gift Certificate: Record the Gift Certificate Number, and click OK.
- All other payment types: Click OK.
- Record all payments from the patient, as the patient may use different payment types.
- After recording all payments, click Save.
The payment is applied to the patient's account and shown on the Transactions tab as a miscellaneous payment.