- On the left side of the Demographics screen, click Material Orders.
- Click the Transactions tab.
- Click + Misc Payment.
- Select the Reason for the miscellaneous payment.
- Select N S F Check for a returned check fee.
- Select Collection Payment for payments toward an amount in collections.
- Select Old System Balance for payments towards a balance in your old practice management system.
- Select Patient Payment to create a patient credit.
- Record the Order Number.
- Record the Office Number.
- Click + Payment.
- Record the Amount of the payment.
- Select the Payment Type.
If the Payment Type is a credit card, record the credit card information.
- Click OK.
- After you have added all payments, click Save.
The Miscellaneous Payment record opens in a new window.
- Click Print to print the record.
The payment is applied to the patient's account. If you created a patient credit, the credit amount is added to the Patient Credit total displayed in Demographics.