- On the left side of the Demographics screen, click Material Orders.
- On the Orders tab, click Generate Invoice.
The Invoice window opens and displays all orders that have been priced and need to be invoiced.
If you have Family Checkout enabled, select the Show All Family Members check box to view all patients associated with the same responsible party as the current patient. For information on pricing orders, go to Pricing and Adding Insurance to Orders.
- Select the check box next to each order to include on the invoice.
- If you need to backdate the patient’s payment, change the Order Date.
- If the customer has a credit, click Apply Customer Credit.
The customer credit is applied to the balance.
- Click + Payment.
- In the Payments window, enter the patient’s payment Amount.
- Select the Payment Type and perform one of the following steps:
- Cash: Click OK.
- Credit or Debit Card: Record the card information, and click OK.
- Gift Certificate: Record the Gift Certificate Number, and click OK.
- All other payment types: Click OK.
- Record all payments from the patient, as the patient may use different payment types for a single invoice.
- After recording all payments, click Save.
- Click Print to print the invoice.
If you selected a VSP lab or a lab supported by Eyefinity.com, a message appears asking if the order is ready for processing. Click Process Order Now to automatically send the order to the lab and generate the claim. For more information about VSP automatic lab ordering and claims with Eyefinity Practice Management, go to Processing VSP Orders and Claims.
The invoice opens in a new window.