This section describes how to look up frames. Topics include:
- Click Inventory and select Product Inventory.
- Click the Frame Lookup tab.
If you know the UPC Code and/or Item Number you want to locate, enter it and click Search.
If you do not know the UPC or item number, or if you want a more refined search, go to Using the Stock Item Search.
The following inventory information for the frame appears under Inventory Balance:
- On Hand. The actual inventory count at the location.
- On Order. The number of inventory items on order from vendors.
- In Transit. All inventory items in transit from one location to another that are not for specific patient orders.
- WIP (work in progress). All inventory items currently at the location that have been placed into production for an existing order (that is, products waiting for customer pickup).
- WIP In Transit (work in progress in transit). All inventory items in transit from one location to another location for specific patient orders.
- Committed. All sold, but not yet dispensed, inventory items. All WIP and WIP In Transit items are included in Committed quantities.
- Select a frame and click Recalculate, or click Recalculate All to recalculate the WIP, WIP In Transit, and Committed totals.
To refine your frame search, use the Stock Item Search:
- On the Inventory Frame Lookup tab, click the Lookup link.
- Enter the manufacturer, collection, model number, color, eye size, and/or UPC for the frame you want to locate.
Entering more frame information provides more precise results.
- Click Search.
- Select a frame from the list.
- If the frame has not already been priced for your practice, in the Frame Price window, record a Retail Price for the frame, and click Save.
The details for the selected frame appear on the Frame Lookup tab.