Barcode scanners read barcode numbers and make locating products in Eyefinity Practice Management easy and accurate. Although you can use any barcode scanner programmed to read the Interleaved 2 of 5 format with Eyefinity Practice Management, the following barcode scanners were tested and are recommended:
- Datalogic Gryphon GM4130 Wireless (Part #GM4130-BK-910K1 and
- Datalogic Heron HD3130 Wired (Part #HD3130-BKK1B and
- Symbol LS2208-SR20007R-UR USB
- NADAMOO 433Mhz Wireless
- Inateck BCST-10 Wireless
The following barcode scanners have been discontinued, but are still supported:
- Datalogic Heron D130 Wired (Part #901801013)
- Metrologic Voyager MS9535 (Part #MK9535-79B538)
Ensure that you purchase the keyboard wedge interface (not the serial or any other interface) with your barcode scanner.
- Eyefinity recommends that you consult with your hardware technician to properly set up your barcode scanner.
- For more detailed information about a scanner, contact a support representative from the scanner’s manufacturer.
The following procedures describe how to program your scanner:
- Programming the Datalogic Gryphon GM4130 Barcode Scanner
- Programming the Datalogic Heron HD3130 Barcode Scanner
- Programming the Symbol barcode scanner
- Programming the Metrologic barcode scanner
Program the scanner to read the Code 39 symbology.
- Scan the Restore Custom Default Configuration barcode to enter the programming mode.
- Scan the Enter/Exit Programming Mode barcode.
- Scan the Code 128 = Enable barcode.
- Scan the I 2 of 5 = Enable barcode to enable symbologies.
- Scan the Set Global Suffix barcode.
- Scan the 0 barcode.
- Scan the D barcode to configure the Enter key.
- Scan the Enter/Exit Programming Mode barcode to exit the programming mode.
- Scan the Enter/Exit Programming Mode barcode again to exit the configuration programming mode.
Program the scanner to read the Interleaved 2 of 5, Code 128, and Code 39 symbologies.