The objective of this measure is to provide a summary of care record for each transition of care or referral when you transition your patient to another setting of care or healthcare clinician or when another healthcare clinician transitions or refers a patient to you.
This objective of this measure is to encourage you to generate and send a summary of care for your outbound referrals. You should, whenever possible, transmit the summary of care electronically via direct mail.
- Start asking your fellow providers for their direct addresses so you can achieve this measure early in your performance period. The direct address may also be known as a secure messaging address or HISP address.
- As you collect these addresses, add them to your referral contacts in Eyefinity EHR. Log in to Eyefinity EHR on the web. Click the Document Management tab, add a new referral contact or edit an existing one, enter the provider’s direct address in the HISP Address text box, and click Save.
You must have a direct address to send the summary of care electronically. For information on setting up direct mail, go to Eyefinity EHR Help.
Document the referral for the denominator:
- In Eyefinity EHR, create a Visit Note.
- Open the Ocular Exam.
- Record the Exam and Diagnosis information.
- Under Plans, tap Referral.
A referral recipients window opens.
- Tap Queue Fax.
To satisfy this measure you will send the CCD electronically via direct messaging. To avoid also sending a fax, tap Queue Fax without selecting the recipient’s name.
- Document the rest of the exam and finalize it.
After the exam is finalized, send the CCD :
- Return to the patient’s Clipboard.
- Tap the finalized visit note.
- Tap the More action bar icon and tap Send CCDA.
A message window opens.
- Tap or type the first few letters of the provider to whom you’re referring the patient and select the provider’s name from the list.
If you don’t see the provider you’re looking for, open Eyefinity EHR on the web, click the Document Management tab, add the provider and their HISP Address, and return to the Select Referral Recipient window within the exam.
- Edit the subject as needed.
- Compose a short message that is relevant to the case.
- Tap Send.
This objective of this measure is to encourage you to generate and send a summary of care for your outbound referrals. You should, whenever possible, transmit the summary of care electronically via secure messaging.
Start asking your fellow providers for their direct addresses so you can achieve this measure early in your performance period. The direct address may also be known as a secure messaging address or HISP address.
- Within the patient’s exam, click Patient Hx.
The patient’s Patient Information Center window opens.
- On the Exam Hx tab, click New Referral.
- Select the Referring Provider, Refer to Provider, Reason, SNOMED, Referral Date, and Expected Return Date and click Save.
- Click Create CDA Transition of Care and click Exit.
Your message and the patient’s CDA are sent securely.
For at least one transition of care or referral, the MIPS-eligible clinician that transitions or refers their patient to another setting of care or healthcare provider by using a certified EHR to
- create a summary of care record; and
- electronically exchange the summary of care record.
Number of transitions of care and referrals during the performance period for which the MIPS eligible clinician was the transferring or referring clinician.
The number of transitions of care and referrals in the denominator where a summary of care record was created using CEHRT and exchanged electronically.
The numerator must be one or more.
Any MIPS-eligible clinician who transfers a patient to another setting or refers a patient fewer than 100 times during the performance period.
This measure is required to achieve a promoting interoperability score. This measure is worth up to 20 points.
The following are suggested roles for completing this measure: