An external claim is a claim you billed through another billing system, and therefore do not have a record of in Claims Management.
If you receive a payment from an insurance carrier for a claim that you created from a billing system that is not Claims Management, post an external claim transaction:
- Open the Carrier Payments screen for a claim and expand the Related Claims panel.
For more information, go to Opening and Navigating the Carrier and Patient Payments Windows.
- Click Post External.
The Post External Claim Transactions window opens.
- Enter the Claim Number.
- Enter or select the Service Date.
- In the Transaction Amount text box, enter the amount of the check that you’re posting toward the claim.
- Enter the Patient First Name.
- Enter the Patient Last Name.
- Enter the Insured ID.
- Enter or select the patient’s date of birth in the DOB text box.
- Enter the Provider First Name.
- Enter the Provider Last Name.
- Click Post Transaction.
The external claim appears in the Payment Detail panel.