You can refund all or part of a patient's available credit amount. To refund credits using the credit card processing integration with Worldpay, see Refunding Patient Credits Using Worldpay.
- On the left side of the Demographics screen, click Material Orders.
- At the top of the Material Orders screen, under Credit, click Refund Credit.
The Refund Credit window lists the patient’s available refund amounts for each payment type. The total of the amount(s) you enter is shown in the Refund Total field. This total must equal the Refund Amount.
- If the Refund Note field displays, enter the reason for the refund.Refund Note displays only if you have Required Notes set up for refunds in Administration.
- Enter the amount you want to refund for each payment type. If you want to mail the patient a check instead, click + Mail by Check and enter the amount.The amount you enter cannot exceed the refundable amount shown for the payment type, and the total amount entered for all payment types cannot exceed the total refundable amount.
- Click Refund.
The receipt for the credit refund opens in a new window.
- Click Print to print the receipt.