Back up your OfficeMate/ExamWRITER database files on a regular basis! A full database backup is the best way to make sure that you can recover your OfficeMate/ExamWRITER database files in the event of a database corruption, hardware or software failure, computer virus attack, fire, theft, or natural disaster.
Share this information with your backup service provider or your certified operating system and network technician.
This section incudes:
- Determining Your Database Type
- Determining Your SQL Database Server & Name
- Determining the Location of Your DATA Folder
- Automatically Backing Up Databases
- Manually Backing Up Databases
- Restoring Databases
Read these topics carefully to ensure a successful backup and recovery plan.
Two areas must be backed up to ensure a successful recovery plan:
- The database. For more information, go to Determining Your Database Type.
- The DATA folder. For more information, go to Determining the Location of Your DATA Folder.
- Eyefinity limits the support it provides exclusively to its own products and, therefore, does not provide assistance or support for any issues related to the backup and restoration of data. Eyefinity does not guarantee nor validate the integrity of backup files.
- Eyefinity highly recommends employing a certified operating system and network technician to advise you on recommended data backup procedures.
- Eyefinity recommends backing up your OfficeMate/ExamWRITER data every day.
- Eyefinity recommends using multiple back up methods and backing up your data to multiple files in case one backup file is lost or corrupt.
- The OfficeMate/ExamWRITER programs do not provide backup functions.