Understanding Promoting Interoperability Requirements
Promoting interoperability (PI) is worth 25% of your total MIPS score. You must complete 90-days of promoting interoperability using a 2015-edition certified EHR, like Eyefinity EHR 5.10 or later or ExamWRITER 15 or later.
In this section, you’ll find the following topics:
- Meeting the Certified EHR Requirement
- Understanding Measure Scoring
- Understanding Hardship Exceptions
- Publishing Your Digital Contact Information
- Achieving Medicare Promoting Interoperability Requirements
ExamWRITER users who intend to meet the Promoting Interoperability criteria in 2019 and beyond must meet higher standards and criteria. To meet these higher standards, you must be using the ExamWRITER patient and provider portal. If you signed up for secure messaging prior to 2019, go to Transferring to or Purchasing the Patient and Provider Portal and transfer from your current secure messaging portal to the patient and provider portal.